Amtrak Riders Benefit from New App Capabilities
Now passengers can book, ticket, charge, change and monitor their train travel on the go
Amtrak is smoothing travel for passengers with new mobile functions they can manage from the rail transport’s updated app. Version 4.0 brings significant enhancements to meet customers’ needs, by offering more services, and making booking faster and easier than ever before. Now with the app updates, customers can more effectively book, ticket, change and monitor travel while they are on the go.
Understanding the importance of mobility, Amtrak has taken steps to give customers the ability to:
• Save credit card information for quick checkout: Riders may add up to 3 cards to an Amtrak Guest Rewards profile from the app
• Book on the app using Amtrak Guest Reward Points: Passengers may redeem Amtrak guest Reward points for travel and tap to convert search results from dollars to points
• Edit profile information: Users can view and edit profile information including contact information, payment options, discounts, coupons and vouchers directly from the app
• Purchase parking at ticket confirmation: Riders can tap on a link to purchase parking, where available. This service was added to the ticket confirmation screen for increased convenience
• Book Auto Train tickets directly from the app: This popular service between Washington, DC and Orlando, FL is now available on the app. Customers can use the app for ticketing and boarding to skip the congestion and stress of driving and still have their car at the destination. By traveling with their vehicles, customers can reduce almost 95 million vehicle miles on I-95 a year, saving 8.5 million pounds of greenhouse gas emissions.
“Every minute counts for our riders, and the improvements Amtrak made to the app will help improve our customers’ experience while providing easy access to important travel information and station amenities,” said Amtrak President and CEO Richard Anderson.
Amtrak riders access free Wi-Fi on most trains, enjoy plenty of leg room and do not suffer the middle seat. The rail line operates more than 300 trains daily, connecting more than 500 destinations in 46 states, the District of Columbia and three Canadian Provinces.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|