Choice Hotels is rolling out a new slate of benefits tailored to the needs of business travelers who are stay with Cambria Hotels.Beginning Sept. 9, Choice Privileges members who book a qualifying Cambria property will three new benefits on top of their regular rewards:
• Cambria credit: Earn a $10 voucher with every stay to use at the Cambria marketplace or restaurant.
• Double “Your Extras” rewards: Each stay that includes at least one weeknight — any Sunday through Thursday night — comes with double the “Your Extras” rewards. Members can choose to earn twice the credit to spend at Starbucks, Amazon or Uber or select twice the Choice Privileges points or airline miles.
• A Great Jump-start: Business travelers who stay at the Cambria brand just once — and who participate in other hotel loyalty programs — are eligible to have their status upgraded to Diamond Elite. This brings a 50% elite-point bonus, complimentary room upgrades, and an elite welcome gift or bonus points at participating U.S. hotels.
“We’re continuously evolving our loyalty program to deliver benefits that matter to members,” said Robert McDowell, chief commercial officer, Choice Hotels.
Meanwhile, Choice Hotels has just opened a fifth hotel in Texas – a Cambria Hotel located in Houston in the historic Great Southwest Building. The opening represents Cambria’s first foray into the Houston market.
The Cambria Hotel Houston Downtown Convention Center is a 21-story, 226-room hotel adaptive reuse of the iconic former Petroleum Building. It marks the brand’s fifth Texas location and is among seven Cambria locations expected to open this summer in top-tier markets across the country — including the Cambria Hotel Richardson – Dallas— together representing over 1,200 upscale rooms.
Located in the heart of the heart of the central business district the Cambria Hotel Houston Downtown Convention Center is a short walk to the George R. Brown Convention Center and Minute Maid Park baseball stadium. The hotel is convenient to major corporations and the region’s largest employers, including Chevron Corp., JPMorgan Chase & Co. and United Airlines, as well as the city’s many entertainment, dining, culture, history and arts offerings, including the Theater District, Avenida Houston, Main Street and the Historic Market Square neighborhood.
“With over a dozen Cambria hotels open or in development in the state, we have big plans to expand in popular urban markets across Texas,” said Janis Cannon, senior vice president, upscale brands, Choice Hotels. “Cambria is rapidly expanding in the Lone Star state’s biggest markets — and Houston tops that list as one of the nation’s largest, most diverse cities. Guests who stay at the Cambria Hotel Houston Downtown Convention Center will love how the hotel puts a modern twist on historic Art Deco architecture, creating a lasting impression as they return from their business of the day.”
Cambria Hotel Houston Downtown Convention Center features upscale amenities that appeal to modern travelers, including:
• Sophisticated interior design and décor celebrating the city’s “collected history,” conveyed through artwork reminiscent of oil and oil rigs, as well as nods to NASA’s influence and Texas’ storied cowboy culture
• Onsite dining featuring freshly made food, local craft beer on tap, wine, specialty cocktails and small bites
• Multi-function meeting and event space for up to 162 people on the 20th and 21st floors, offering sweeping views of the city
• Contemporary and sophisticated guest rooms, complete with modern fixtures, abundant lighting and plush bedding
• Immersive, spa-style bathrooms with Bluetooth mirrors
• State-of-the-art fitness center
There are currently more than 40 Cambria hotels open across the U.S. in popular cities, like Chicago; Dallas; Los Angeles; Nashville, Tenn.; New York; New Orleans; Phoenix; and Washington D.C. The brand is on pace to break its openings recordfor the second straight year and is fast-approaching 50 open Cambria hotels.