Charleston International Airport (CHS) Gets First Luxury Lounge
Charleston International Airport, gateway to the Low Country and historic city of Charleston, opens sizable lounge for premium passengers
August 6, 2019
The Club CHS is now open on the second level of Charleston International Airport’s main concourse. The lounge is operated by Airport Lounge Development (ALD) and follows a similar course to other ALD lounges by offering various “zones” for productivity, privacy, and relaxation and replenishment. On hand is a a full-service bar, with cocktails to be curated by a mixology guru in the fall.
Enhanced by floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the airport tarmac, The Club CHS offers an all-inclusive hospitality within those zone spaces:
• A Productivity and Privacy Zone serves as a dedicated space for business travelers. In addition to an abundance of electrical outlets, this workspace includes a desk-height counter, ergonomic task chairs, and access to a computer and printer. “Privacy” chairs are also available for travelers looking for a quiet space for a phone call or to read.
• A Relax Zone that features ultra-comfortable seating and ample electrical outlets, allowing guests the opportunity to socialize with fellow travelers or simply enjoy the sweeping views of Charleston International Airport.
• A Resting Zone allows guests to take a quick nap or catch up on some reading in the lounge’s comfortable recliners and ottomans with convenient reading lamps and electrical outlets.
• A Replenish Zone offers table and banquette seating for visitors to enjoy the complimentary signature food selections from Chef Waggoner and a variety of all-day snack items. Guests can order a selection of sodas, teas and coffee from the comfort of their seat or they can refresh at The Club’s “Hydration Station,” which offers thirst-quenching, healthful fruit- and herb-infused waters, including lemon pineapple cayenne, strawberry basil or lemon watermelon.
• A Refresh Zone provides private restrooms for travelers.
• The Cell Free Zone is an area where guests can relax without the distraction of cell phone use.
The lounge spreads over 3,000 square feet and contains 52 seats. In the offing are plans to expand to about 4,000 square feet and 83 seats in the next few months.
Priority Pass, Loungekey, Lounge Club, Lounge Pass and Diners Club members can can access The Club CHS for free; the walk-in fee is $40.
LHS has several more Club lounges scheduled to open in 2019, including at Buffalo Niagara International Airport, Miami International Airport, Norman Y Mineta San Jose International Airport, and Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport.
The lounge is open Monday – Wednesday and Friday – Saturday from 5:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. ET, as well as Thursday and Sunday from 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. ET.