JetBlue Expanding Entertainment Options with New Onboard Content Partners
SHOWTIME, Spotify, INSCAPE and PressReader are among the newest inflight entertainment offerings for JetBlue’s roster of complimentary programming at 35,000 feet
November 8, 2019
JetBlue is adding a roster of inflight entertainment (IFE) options with the launch of the latest onboard offerings from SHOWTIME, Spotify, INSCAPE and PressReader. Customers onboard the airline’s HD touchscreen-equipped aircraft can enjoy “bingeable” access to full seasons of the hottest shows from SHOWTIME, aas well as chart-topping podcasts from Spotify, the day’s top headlines from PressReader, and curated meditation and relaxation content from INSCAPE along with JetBlue’s popular TV choices.
The new partnerships build on JetBlue’s ongoing efforts to provide a “multi-screen experience,” for a range of devices simultaneously, including HD seatback entertainment. JetBlue continues to offer 100+ channels of DIRECTV, hundreds of free movies and favorite shows. As passengers often move between various devices for their entertainment, the airline brings individual in-seat USB/power outlets on its Airbus A320, A321 and A321neo aircraft. JetBlue’s free high speed Fly-Fi – powered by Viasat – is capable of streaming video and is available across the fleet, with expanded coverage being introduced on A320 and A321neo aircraft that will keep customers connected even overwater or in international “BlueCities.”
“Almost 20 years after disrupting the industry with free live TV at every seat, on every plane – we are once again re-defining inflight entertainment by listening closely to our customers’ feedback and offering even more options to make the most of their time onboard,” said Mariya Stoyanova, director of product development, JetBlue. “Whether you want to binge-watch, binge-listen, connect, disconnect, or just discover something new – you can do it from our new HD seatback screens, your own devices, or more likely, all of the above.”
New offerings include:
• SHOWTIME: Customers can binge-watch full seasons of select SHOWTIME hit series on their individual HD seatback screens. JetBlue customers connected to Fly-Fi can also take advantage of a special 30-day free trial offer to the SHOWTIME streaming service and enjoy unlimited, commercial-free access to the entire SHOWTIME library – every original series, movie, documentary and more – all on their personal devices.
• Spotify: JetBlue’s newest collaboration with Spotify, the airline’s exclusive podcast partner, will bring podcasts from Anchor, Gimlet, Parcast and Spotify Studios to seatback screens. Titles include Business of HYPE, Conspiracy Theories, Dope Labs, Heavyweight, The Horror of Dolores Roach, and Superwomen with Rebecca Minkoff.
• INSCAPE: As JetBlue’s new meditation partner, INSCAPE will keep travelers relaxed at 35,000 feet with 20 curated inflight meditation sessions available on seatback screens, with topics ranging from “Flying without Fear” and “Jet Lag Relief,” to “Inflight Mindfulness,” as well as breathing exercises and sleepscapes. Customers can continue their practice with INSCAPE by downloading the app to their personal device or by visiting their flagship studio in JetBlue’s hometown of New York City.
• PressReader: With the addition of PressReader, the largest all-you-can-read platform of newspapers and magazines, JetBlue customers can now enjoy unlimited access to thousands of local and national news publications and magazines, such as Newsweek and Business Traveler USA, among others via the PressReader app. Travelers flying with JetBlue can register for 24 hours of free, unlimited access once connected to the airline’s high-speed broadband Fly-Fi (b). PressReader also offers an exclusive discount on a monthly subscription after the free access experience – $9.99 for 15 publications.
Additionally, JetBlue has rolled out fresh content on JetBlue TV, the first and only airline-owned seatback channel. Curating relevant, snackable videos across a variety of verticals, the airline has refreshed its line-up to include new, short and mid-form digital content to suit the tastes and interests of all travelers. New content partners include:
• Food52 (Food): Big Little Recipes, Hit the Road, Snack and More Ketchup, Please
• Houzz (Lifestyle/Design): A behind-the-scenes look at incredible home renovations in destinations throughout the JetBlue network
• The Nantucket Project(Business): A thought leadership series highlighting notable figures with impactful ideas
• PureWow (Entertainment): It’s Wine O’Clock, Hack My Travel and Vacation Confessions
• Thrillist (Travel): What to Know Before You Go, Gatekeepers
• Well + Good (Health): Inflight Fit, You Versus Food and What the Wellness
JetBlue is a leading carrier in New York, Boston, Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood, Los Angeles (Long Beach), Orlando and San Juan. jetblue.com.