Virtual Travel Experiences Offer Inspiration at SELECT Hotels
SELECT Hotels & Resorts gives would-be travelers a chance to be part of the action at properties around the world
April 7, 2020
SELECT Hotels & Resorts is now giving armchair travelers access to unique experiences within a virtual world they can tap into no matter where they are. From children’s programs to cooking classes to livestream yoga and meditation, virtual offerings help keep communities connected while allowing participants to share and enjoy.
Some examples of SELECT Hotels & Resorts’ virtual offerings include:
• Nihi Sumba in Indonesia is not an escape from everyday life but a return to a life well-lived. The property is offering livestream yoga and meditation classes on its Instagram.
• Il Salviatino offers the best of both worlds: an urban resort in Florence, Italy with a Tuscan countryside feeling. Chef Silvia Grossi is hosting cooking lessons from her home in Florence via Instagram.
• Equinox Hotel, Hudson Yards, New York City, has created Rituals, which are routines and tips aimed at bringing balance and positivity to our daily lives. They have also introduced HeadStrong™ Meditation Podcasts, guided by Equinox instructor Amber Voiles.
• Reminiscent of a Mediterranean villa with its leisure-focused lifestyle and grand design, Acqualina Resort & Spa in Miami, is Florida’s only hotel of its kind to be built completely open to the sea. The property introduced a “Bringing Acqualina to You” series to inspire guests virtually by sharing ideas and making Acqualina’s amenities and offerings available. Watch the first episode at this link.
• Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort announced a #HiltonLosCabosAtHome series that will include traditional, easy-to-follow Mexican recipes from Executive Chef Mauricio Lopez; arts and crafts projects from the hotel’s Kids Club; and Spanish language lessons.
“We encourage those dreaming of their next getaway to virtually explore these properties and then talk with one of our travel advisors about booking a future experience,” said Mike Heflin, Senior Vice President, Hotel Division, Travel Leaders Group. “These inspirational offerings are a great way to stay connected with the world and enrich your time at home.”