Jamaica Tourist Board Virtual Care Package
While America stays home to sit out the outbreak, they can still travel and have fun through the help of savvy destination marketing boards
April 2, 2020
To that end, tonight 9:00 pm ET (8:00 pm Jamaica time), the JTB will kick off its “Escape to Jamaica” Instagram Live series featuring one of Jamaica’s leading disc jockeys, ZJ Sparks. The popular ZIP 103 DJ will host a dance party spinning the latest reggae and dancehall hits live from Jamaica, helping viewers chill and unwind after another week of social distancing.
“Escape to Jamaica” will occur weekly on the JTB’s Instagram channel. In addition to sharing irie vibes, the series will also feature live cooking demos and pre-recorded wellness sessions. The first wellness session will be on Monday, April 6 at 9:00 am ET (8:00 am Jamaica time), with Empress Thandi Wise, Certified Yoga Instructor from Rasta Wellness Centre and Jakes Hotel. On Wednesday, April 8 at 6:00 pm ET (5:00 pm Jamaica time) the cooking demos debut with Andre Fowles, Food Network Chopped Champion and Culinary Ambassador for Miss Lily’s in New York, Negril and Dubai.
“We’re aware that people from all corners of the globe may be in need of an escape with what’s happening right now. With this live series, Jamaica offers a virtual getaway through our music, cuisine, culture, warm people and that unmistakable Jamaican spirit,” said Donovan White, Jamaica’s Director of Tourism. “Since visitors are unable to come to us at the moment, we want to bring the “Heartbeat of the World” to their homes. Jamaica will be here to welcome travelers when the time is right. We want our followers to know we can only get through this together.”
Following is the current schedule of the “Escape to Jamaica” series, with additional dates to be announced:
• April 3: ZJ Sparks – Zip 103
• April 6: Empress Thandi Wise – Certified Yoga Instructor, Rasta Wellness Centre and Jakes Hotel
• April 8: Chef Andre Fowles – Food Network Chopped Champion and Culinary Ambassador for Miss Lily’s in New York, Negril and Dubai
• April 10: DJ Delano – Renaissance Disco
• April 15: Rousseau Sisters – Jamaican Sisters, owners of SummerHouse in Kingston and Authors of Provisions, The Roots of Caribbean Cooking
• April 17: ZJ Chrome – Zip 103
To participate, visitwww.instagram.com/visitjamaica and join the conversation with #EscapetoJamaica.
Similarly, Visit Orlandohas compiled a list of more than 20 virtual thrills from the theme park capital of the world. “Virtual visitors” can now soar down a 200-ft. roller coaster drop, watch fireworks over Cinderella’s Castle, zipline over alligators and even learn from experts how to draw Mickey Mouse.
“We recognize that now, more than ever, we all want to escape from reality, even if it’s just for a moment,” said George Aguel, President & CEO of Visit Orlando. “Whether you like floating down a lazy river in one of our resort pools or immersing yourself into The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, we hope these experiences provide a much-needed break from everyday life.”
Experience All of Orlando
• The Orlando Virtual Tour takes viewers into 85 experiences throughout Orlando, from theme parks and hotels to dining and shopping hot spots, with a 360-degree perspective.
• Walt Disney World – Watch a sneak peek of new rides like Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance from the Disney Parks YouTube channel.
• Universal Orlando Resort – Travel to different worlds virtually like The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley and experience the parks with 360-degree videos of some of the most popular roller coasters, explore holiday events and take a closer look into the restaurants that make up Universal CityWalk from the Universal Orlando Resort’s YouTube channel.
• Virtually float down the winding lazy river that is part of the 5-acre waterpark located in the luxurious grounds of the Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort.
• Explore a lake on a giant swan-shaped boat, through the swan boat ride in downtown Orlando’s Lake Eola Park.
• Float down the river with gushing geysers at Aquatica’s Roa’s Rapids at the Aquatica Orlando water park, in a virtual action river experience with high tides and gushing geysers.
• Virtually experience indoor skydiving at iFLY Orlando inside of their high-energy vertical wind tunnels that allows visitors to float on a column of air.
• Get in the driver’s seat for a virtual race through Andretti Indoor Karting & Games’ indoor track of turns and high-speed chases.
Music, Movies and Museums
• Listen to intimate musical performances at the Timucua Arts Foundation, set in the home grounds of the former music director for Cirque du Soleil. The foundation will post daily videos of previously recorded live performances on its Facebook page, also host a Digital Music Flea Market to help local musical artists.
• Get a daily move recommendation and insider info on the film from a cinematic expert on the Enzian Theater’s Facebook page.
• Explore the museum galleries of the Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art via the museum’s website.