Destination NSW: Walk 50 miles from Sydney’s Iconic Bondi Beach to Manly
Sightsee, lose weight, linger like a local on Sydney’s spectacular new walkabout
December 18, 2019
Walking between two of the world’s most iconic beaches, Bondi and Manly, is now a thing and a very attractive bragging right with the opening of a new 50-mile urban walking track around Sydney’s breathtaking harbor.
The track, which is rich in Indigenous heritage, passes through some of the city’s scenic coastlines and suburbs eventually passing the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House.
Marked with over 350 distinctive Aboriginal Whale Symbol signs, the urban walkway is easy to follow with a digital walking App available for download.
Ten must-experience highlights on the itinerary include:
1. Bondi – Start the day with breakfast and coffee at Porch & Parlour
2. Parsley Bay – Cool off with a dip at this Harbour beach and admire the view
3. Hermitage Foreshore Walk – One of Sydney’s great coastal walks passing through Vaucluse in the city’s East
4. Historic Houses – Admire the majestic beauty of Vaucluse House, Strickland House and Elizabeth Bay House
5. Sydney Harbour – Walk past Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge
6. Kirribilli – Stop for a coffee at Celsius Café
7. May Gibbs’ Nutcote – Home of Snugglepot & Cuddlepie author May Gibbs which is now a museum
8. Significant Aboriginal sites – Admire the large number of Aboriginal engravings at Grotto Point. Nearby Reef Beach is home to an Ancestral reburial site and rock art
9. Georges Head – Learn about Sydney’s military history and walk through fascinating military fortifications and tunnels
10. Manly – Celebrate the finish line with a well-deserved drink at Manly Wharf Bar.