SJC Gets Second Club Lounge in A Gates Area
To accommodate increased demand, Airport Dimensions is expanding The Club SJC to a second location
October 13, 2019
Airport Dimensions, an operator of shared-use airport lounges, is opened a second lounge location at Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC) this month. The lounge provides seating for 88 visitors in its nearly 4,000 square feet of space, along varied hospitality zones to accommodate and serve travelers. The new Club SJC is located near gate A8, a quick walk down the terminal the operator’s first Club SJC lounge, which is located near gate A15.
The new Club SJC space brings a stage of natural light and five distinct zones for relaxing with a refreshment. These include:
• A Productivity Zone for travelers in need of a workspace with a desk-height counter, ergonomic task chairs and an abundance of power and USB outlets. Guests looking for a space to take a quiet phone call or read can also take advantage of The Club’s high back “privacy” chairs.
• A Relax Zone for comfortable seating allowing guests to recharge during their travels. An abundance of power and USB outlets are available for all guests.
• A Rest Zone provides guests with a quiet space to kick up their feet in the lounge’s recliners and ottomans, featuring convenient reading lamps and power outlets.
• A Replenish Zone provides a dining area with a buffet featuring hot breakfast, soups, sandwiches and salads and a full-service bar area that allows guests to enjoy cocktails and premium spirits. Guests can enjoy the tastes of the Silicon Valley region through specially crafted cocktails and local beers (thing: Sierra Nevada, Hazy IPA and Anchor Lager), along with the “Cali Orange Margarita.” The signature cocktail menu was developed exclusively for The Club by celebrated mixologist Kathy Casey, owner of The Liquid Kitchen and features house-made mixers crafted with fresh citrus and organic agave. Guests looking for non-alcoholic options can choose from a selection of sodas, teas and coffee, or utilize The Club’s “Hydration Station,” which offers thirst-quenching, healthy fruit- and herb-infused waters, along with the Vivreau Tap, which provides chilled still and sparkling water along with hot water for a cup of tea.
• A Refresh Zone provides a shower facility and private restrooms for all guests.
A Lounge with a Conscience
The Club SJC gives back through the lounge’s 100% plastic-less service with the removal of all plastic drink stirrers and straws, replacing them with natural bamboo and compostable options. With the use of the Vivreau Tap, The Club has reduced the amount of single-use plastics from its lounge network, resulting in over 2.5 million less plastic bottles in landfills. The Club’s wine offering consists of a consciously curated menu of wines dedicated to more than just good taste, but doing good as well. As part of Airport Dimensions’ “Pours with a Purpose” program, a portion of all wine purchases at The Club SJC will be donated to a variety of charities that help fight hunger in the U.S., support U.S. veterans’ initiatives and raise funds to support ovarian cancer screening.
The Club SJC is available to Priority Pass members and is also available through LoungeKey and Lounge Club, often a benefit offered by credit cards, banks and other financial institutions. Flyers can also gain access through the purchase of a day pass online or at the lounge for a cost of $40. The Club SJC also participates in the AAA Members Discount and Rewards Program. The lounge is open daily from 5:00 AM to 10:00 PM PT.