Airport Dimensions (previously known as Airport Lounge Development) has opened its latest lounge location at Buffalo Niagara International Airport. The 2,800-square-foot space is the 20th global shared-use lounge for The Club and Club Aspire networks.
The Club is located on the concourse level, just steps away from TSA. As guests enter, they are greeted by a translucent wall that captures the cultural and historic character of the region with an image of Niagara Falls. The wall serves as the lounge’s focal point, along with photography throughout The Club highlighting the beauty of the Western New York region.
Guests of The Club can sample attractive food options from local chef and owner, Nick Pitillo of Osteria 166. Fusing century-old family recipes and lessons learned from extensive research in Italy, cuisine focuses on the simple beauty of Rustic Italian Food, whether award-winning meatballs or hand-crafted pastas.
Zones of Hospitality:
• A Productivity Zone that provides business travelers in need of a workspace with a desk-height counter, ergonomic task chairs and an abundance of U.S. and international electrical outlets. High back “privacy” chairs are also available for guests looking for a space to enjoy a quiet phone call or be left alone to read.
• A Relax Zone that features ultra-comfortable seating located along the lounge’s glass, allowing guests to recharge while enjoying views of the local Buffalo landscape.
• A Rest Zone that provides guests with a quiet space to kick their feet up and catch up on some reading in the lounge’s comfortable recliners and ottomans with convenient reading lamps and electrical outlets.
• A Replenish Zone with a dining area that features a complimentary buffet with signature food selections from Chef Nick Pitillo, such as his Osteria Ancient Grain Healthy Bowl featuring home-made Osteria 166 Herb Lemon Pesto.
Guests will also enjoy a complimentary buffet offering full hot breakfast, soups, sandwiches and salads. A full service bar area allows guests to enjoy complimentary cocktails and premium spirits. Visitors to The Club can enjoy the tastes of the Buffalo Niagara region through artfully crafted cocktails and a local beers.
The signature cocktail menu was developed exclusively for The Club by celebrated bar-chef Kathy Casey, Owner of The Liquid Kitchen. Liquid Kitchen brings the kitchen into the bar by incorporating creativity and fresh, quality ingredients, focusing on crafting cocktails with layers of flavors that are appealing for every taste. The Club drinks feature house-made mixers crafted with fresh citrus and organic agave. Signatures include the “Nickle City Margarita.” Guests looking for non-alcoholic options can order from a selection of sodas, teas and coffee, or utilize The Club’s “Hydration Station,” which offers thirst-quenching, healthful fruit- and herb-infused waters, along with the Vivreau Tap which provides chilled still and sparkling water along with hot water for your favorite cup of tea.
• A Refresh Zone provides private showers and restrooms for all guests.
“We are excited to welcome Airport Dimensions’ The Club shared-use lounge to our award-winning airport,” said Kim Minkel, executive director, NFTA. “The addition of The Club at the Buffalo Niagara International Airport exemplifies our efforts to provide our travelers with first-class amenities that will enhance their overall travel experience.”
Deep-Sixing the Plastic
The lounge’s 100 percent plastic-less service policy has seen the removal of all plastic drink stirrers and straws, replacing them with natural bamboo and compostable options. With the use of the Vivreau Tap this has reduced the amount of single-use plastics from The Clubs, resulting in over 2.5 million less plastic bottles in the landfills.
The Club’s wine offerings includes a “Pours with a Purpose” program with wines dedicated to more than just tasting good, but doing good as well. A portion of all wine purchases at The Club is donated to a variety of charities that help fight hunger in the U.S., support U.S. veterans’ initiatives and raise funds to support ovarian cancer screening.
The Club Buffalo Niagara International Airport joins Airport Dimensions’ rapidly growing network of shared-use lounge offerings, with new openings across the U.S. planned through the end of 2019 and into early 2020.
• The Club MSY at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport
• A second location planned at Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport, The Club SJC located near gate A8
The Club Buffalo Niagara International Airport is available to Priority Pass’ membership along with LoungeKey and Lounge Club, which represents a vast number of credit cards, banks and other financial institutions. The lounge is also available to all Buffalo Niagara International Airport travelers looking for a complete hospitality experience through the purchase of a day pass online or at the lounge for a cost of $40. The Club Buffalo Niagara International Airport also participates in the AAA Members Discount and Rewards Program. The lounge is open daily from 4 a.m. to 8 p.m.