Barclays, Frontier Airlines Launch New Card with Benefits
The new credit card offers ample opportunities to accrue points and travel discounts: no fees for the first year
May 6, 2021
Barclays and low-fare carrier Frontier Airlines are running an introductory offer on a new card that combines the best of both companies. Starting this month, consumers can order up a Frontier Airlines World Mastercard® with no annual fee for the first year, then $79 every year after. Additionally, new cardmembers can earn 50,000 bonus miles after qualifying purchases.
The Frontier Airlines World Mastercard offers several ways to earn miles with an easy 5-3-1 earning structure. Cardmembers earn 5x FRONTIER Miles on eligible purchases at flyfrontier.com, 3x FRONTIER Miles on restaurant purchases, and 1x FRONTIER Miles on all other purchases. Cardmembers can also work toward receiving Elite Status with Frontier Airlines through a family pooling system that allows card holders to share miles with up to eight family members and friends, making mileage easier to reach. They also earn a $100 flight voucher each account anniversary after spending $2,500 during the card membership year.
“We have worked very hard to establish the Frontier Airlines World Mastercard as a card that makes travel rewarding for all, with attractive benefits that cater to everyone, from the road warrior to the occasional leisure traveler, including families,” said Tyri Squyres, vice president of marketing, Frontier Airlines. “Now we are enhancing the card benefits even further with an introductory no annual fee offer for the first year. Given our robust summer flight schedule, featuring a wide variety of routes to popular vacation destinations throughout the U.S., Caribbean and Latin America, this is a perfect time for summer vacation planning.”
Frontier Airlines recently announced more than 30 new nonstop routes and nearly 10 new summer 2021 destinations, including nonstop flights to the Bahamas, Caribbean, Central America, Jamaica and Mexico. The Denver-based air carrier operates more than 100 A320 family aircraft and has the largest A320neo fleet in the U.S.
• The Frontier Airlines World Mastercard includes the following features:
• $0 annual fee for the first year, then $79 every year after
• Earn 50,000 bonus miles after spending $500 on purchases in the first 90 days
• Get rewarded with the 5-3-1 earning structure
• Earn 5x FRONTIER Miles on purchases made at flyfrontier.com
• Earn 3x FRONTIER Miles on purchases at restaurants
• Earn 1x FRONTIER Miles on all other purchases
Earn Elite Status through card spend, earning one Qualifying Mile with every dollar spent on purchases
Unlock family pooling to share miles with up to eight family members or friends, making mileage redemption more in reach
•Earn a $100 flight voucher after every account anniversary after spending $2,500 or more on purchases made with the card during the cardmembership year
• Keep miles from expiring by making at least one purchase every six months
• Complimentary online access to your FICO® credit score lets you keep an eye on your credit score and get alerts when Barclays learns your score has changed
• Earn an award redemption fee waiver when you book an award ticket and pay related taxes and fees, starting at $5.60 for a one-way ticket
• Zone 2 priority boarding is available to all cardmembers
• Low introductory APR on balance transfers
• No foreign transaction fees on international purchases
• $0 fraud liability protection on unauthorized charges